- Jeff Fiorentino Fan Favorites
This Week's JFRocks TOP 5
Powered by: Web Designers
- RT @imrosemciver: Go pre order @bloodpunchmovie on itunes now guys! The Hollywood reporter loved it and so will you ♡ ♡ ♡, 56 mins ago
- RT @zoejacques_: #JFRocks fans!!! if you got unfollowed by .@JFRocks let him know!! see post by him below. sorry for the app mishap! https://t.co/Ox8rYHXZGM, Aug 26
- RT @PainvsGuilt: ~~~ Listen to Jeff ... #guitarstar ~~~ https://t.co/W4YqAMh0w0, 8 hours ago
- RT @paulmac708: #BreatheEasy2016 so far consists of 9 Directors in 6 countries - We're only getting started! #SupportIndieFilm https://t.co/RLIw9ft0mA, 7 hours ago
- RT @FirstGlanceFilm: Every Sunday use #SupportIndieFilm to promote your #Indiefilm #webseries #crowdfunding, 7 hours ago
- RT @FilmSpritesPR: It's our mission to foster the creativity in everyone we work with and share that with the world. http://t.co/zrRFc1qWod, 5 hours ago
- RT @andreastefanci: #womeninfilm #Directing #indiefilm #Horror #BreatheEasy2016 #firsttime https://t.co/xvGiJD5Dcj, 5 hours ago
- RT @JohnPaulson11: .@JFRocks this is awesome I've always loved this song. very happy to see it picking up steam on sound cloud!!! https://t.co/oSLjAGycyA, Aug 25
- RT @paulmac708: #BreatheEasy2016 Directors so far part 2 @BadIdeasMovie @BiancaJONeill @thriftyactress And @andreastefanci #SupportIndieFilm #IndieFilm, 9 hours ago
- RT @paulmac708: So here we go #BreatheEasy2016 Directors so far part 1 @thesnagel @JBPixel @barsanf @PatxaChrome @letpicturestell #SupportIndieFilm, 9 hours ago
Search blog by category
10 Tips for Understanding Chord Families
Have you ever tried to figure out the chords to a song and become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of chords available to you?
Although any chord may in principle be followed by any other chord, some combinations are just more pleasing to the ear. That’s because chords are related to one another, like a family. All the chords in a chord family will sound good together because all the notes contained in them belong to the same scale. But how do we know what chords go with which family?
Luckily, there is a system for determining the set of chords that will best harmonize with the melody of a song. The following are 10 concepts and how-to’s for playing chord families:
C D E F G A B
The uppercase numerals represent major chords and the lowercase, minor chords. If there is a degree symbol after the numeral, it indicates a diminished chord.
Reefer Docs – New Hard Rock by Guitarist Jeff Fiorentino & JFRocks.com
JFRocks.com fans, here’s a new track…
“Reefer Docs” is a hard rock guitar instrumental that I produced about 6 weeks ago for a TV commercial spot. I can’t legally share something like this with you guys until I get permission, so that’s why it took 6 weeks to post this track for y’all. It’s a free download, I can’t legally sell it, so whoo hoo for you guys.
“Reefer Docs” has a bit of a blend between the dark side and the melodic side of things. The main theme riff of the song is a mode changer, which is kind of where its vibe is coming from. The riff blends with the flam Tom drum beat to give it a real dark head-bang feel. The song’s secondary or bridge riffing is an intricate arpeggio picked pattern riff with a big mode change of its own. The two riffs blend together with the off the cuff guitar solo to make this piece another one I think is worth blowing some speakers over for sure.
As for the song’s title, since people often ask, sometimes the song drives the title and sometimes it’s the other way around. In this case it’s two-fold. The title is a fun play on words with an Australian TV show that I liked very much called “Reef Doctors” (www.hulu.com/reef-doctors), which seemed to feature each week a new unsuspecting tourist to their island being bitten, stung, stabbed, or infected in some way by something deadly and needing immediate medical care which they for some reason couldn’t provide, which in turn usually meant needing a helicopter to get them to a real hospital, but alas, the chopper is held up each week. LOL.. Sounds like a bunch that could have used a “Reefer Doc” on staff if you ask me!!,
(And speaking of Reef Doctors, you can check out the demo reel for the coolest receptionist in history “Nell” played by the always awesome Chloe Bayliss in the JFRocks Official Blog, at goo.gl/QHKuA5 )
Which leads to the secondary title meaning which is a reference to everybody and their grandmother having Pot prescriptions these days. Docs have become a sort of pseudo drug dealer. Which I find endlessly amusing by the way.
All that said, this track ROCKS!!! So CRANK IT UP!! and enjoy…. And look for it on a TV near you soon.. Although I have no idea what market they’re putting it in, if you hear it let me know, and put the commercial on YouTube will ya…
Jeff Fiorentino – All Guitars
Mick Simms – Bass
Jeff Fiorentino – Drums
Engineered by – Jeff Fiorentino (ASCAP) & Mick Simms (WB)
Copyright © 2015 JFRocks Music Publishing – Hollywood, CA – Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
Actress Victoria Broom – Demo Reel 2015
As always here at JFRocks.com and JFRocks Music Publishing we like to help promote people in our industry that we think are worth the effort to help. Victoria Broom is not only on that list, she is super cool. I’ve produced music and been the composer on 2 films she’s been a part of, and nobody has anything bad to say about this girl ever. Super talented, and very professional, I would recommend casting her to anyone. Especially if you’re in the Horror genre, which she is not only fantastic in, but fairly well known in as well. Check her IMDB page out for more info.
Victoria Broom was born and grew up in Shropshire, West Midlands. She attended a youth school then went on to attend the Junior Carlton Television workshops in Birmingham, alongside fellow actors Felicity Jones and Ryan Cartwright. She is known for work including Deranged, The Herd, Legacy, Crossroads and ABC’S of Death 2.
Victoria has also starred thus far in 2 Redmen films productions, playing the same character in both “#DrunksLikeUs“, and our most recent film, the horror comedy “All Above Board” both written by Paul Mackie.
Please check out Victoria’s 2015 demo reel below..
You can also share this blog article on your own social media by using the share links at the bottom, and please don’t forget to anonymously click the “thumbs-up” in the upper right corner of this post if you like it.
Follow Victoria Broom on >>>